[Magdalen] Mike & Everett face a demon.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:16:22 UTC 2016

Just as clergy are ordained starry-eyed (only later realizing that churches
are filled with amazingly unpleasant people), maybe chefs don't realize the
real difficulties of the work they feel called to do. Kitchen work is just
plain awful. I know. I've done it. And a kitchen is even more hierarchcal
than the army ... that whole military/monastic structure.

A friend's grandson finished his chef-training in Europe. He was so
miserable in his new career he's gone back to school with the idea of
becoming a food writer. But we're all more flexible at twenty.

This week I realized I'm closer to ninety than forty. ALOT closer. Daunting.
-M, leaving Matamoras