[Magdalen] An Unusual January Sound

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:55:20 UTC 2016

Yesterday I crossed the Charles, the Connecticut, the Housatonic, the
Hudson and the Delaware.

As I approached the Hudson an enormous ugly thunderstorm broke, dark gray
clouds nearly sweeping the ground. Most drivers pulled over for the
duration. Then the sun slipped beneath the clouds, an intensely bright
double rainbow appeared in the east. The rain was still falling, clouds the
color of salmon mousse piled up to the south. The hills to the west glowed
auburn & gold. I could hardly catch my breath.

I hope I never forget it.

Today is cold, bright & windy. On to Bethesda!
-M