[Magdalen] Tech/Phone Question

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jan 11 16:45:45 UTC 2016

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (IIIS?) that I got maybe 3-4 years ago.  I
replaced it less than a year ago with an S5, which was stolen in France,
and then went back to this one.  Within the last 3-4 days, the battery has
been running down and needing a recharge every 4-6 hours.  I've rebooted
2-3 times (meaning removing the cover, taking out the battery, and putting
it back in).  I tend to close apps as soon as I'm done with them, so they
don't remain open, using power, and it is set in "power save" mode.  Any
ideas?  Is there a reboot I can do?  Are these batteries replaceable, or am
I looking at a new phone (which I can ill-afford right now)?  Or does
someone have a CHEAP source of replacement phones?  I've looked on Amazon
and Glyde.com (recommended to me by someone at Sprint awhile ago).  I use
Verizon service, but they don't give them away like they used to, and I
have the month-to-month prepay service ($45 a month!) now.  Any tech
help/ideas you can offer are gratefully received.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu