[Magdalen] Recovery query.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jan 11 17:13:06 UTC 2016

Most AA smokers were smokers before they quit.  Not many start afterward.
I drink artificially sweetened seltzer water, San Pellegrino, and diet
sodas, as well as yes, more coffee than I used to.  I've noticed that, like
my brother, I tend to have a supply of beverages in my car now -- and I
didn't before!  Yes, I know the artificial sweeteners aren't very good for
me, but it's better than the alternative.  Heard the thing on NPR the other
day about the studies linking sugar and cancer/metastasis, so pick your
poison, and I'll take the lower-cal version.  There are always sweets at
meetings, and AAs have food celebrations A LOT.  It's hard for me to
maintain my food addiction abstinence and AA too, but I'm managing (after a
fashion).

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY