[Magdalen] RIP David Bowie, 69.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 11 17:30:45 UTC 2016

From: Scott Knitter

>Shocking news, even though I can't say I was a fan. I never quite
>caught on to his music; I didn't "get" David Bowie. Nevertheless, a
>great loss, I can tell. May he rest in peace.

That would explain why my old Hollywood friend Ben d'Abo flooded my fb timeline
with David Bowie stuff this morning. Ben's Dad worked with Bowie once upon a
time, and I believe wrote some of his music.

I was kind of taken aback when I was a radio DJ and Bowie (and other glitter
glam music) appeared on the top-20 playlist. But I got used to it <g>. I called
him the young person's Liberace a few times, until the Program Director told me
he didn’t think anyone in our audience had ever heard of Liberace <g>.

Cheers,
Jim

--
Scott R. Knitter