[Magdalen] Arrow prayers requested

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:08:51 UTC 2016

Sigh...not as thankful as I should be...

Yesterday was another warm sticky day and after Pilates I decided to keep
my strappy top on, since I didn't have to go back to the hospital. Still
wearing it later when we went over to my sister The Surgeon for mom's
birthday supper.

And there on my chest, just too high to see without a mirror but usually
hidden by my shirts, she spots a "pigmented lesion" that "could be a
melanoma and must come out".

I am due for annual dermatology check up this month but was going to wait
till next month because I don't have enough spare money to pay him upfront
(would then claim back from medical aid but it's academic).

Anyway, Linda will carve said thing off me later this morning and send it
to the lab. She's a neat skin surgeon as she's a burns expert and it's not
the first time she's sliced up my skin.

But I'm sure several other pubbies would agree with me that it would be
pleasant to have a year without some kind of cancer scare.

I've had plenty of skin cancer removed in the past from face, back and
arms; but nothing recently that was a worry. The dermatologist made a map
last year...I will still go see him after pay day but this can't wait.

Sally D