[Magdalen] Curse on Masons

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed Jan 13 18:06:50 UTC 2016

Well, if a pope ever put a curse on the Masons, it obviously didn't work
very well, as evidenced by all the famous and not-so-famous people who
were/are Masons. You can see a list at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons. The list includes Prince
Philip, Wyatt Earp, Jon Entwistle (of the Who), Douglas Fairbanks, Enrico
Fermi, Gerald, Glenn & Henry Ford, Benjamin Franklin, and a great many
others. All these people were cursed?

And, why should a good Episcopalian worry about curses placed by Catholics,
after all?

All of this, of course, is just logic, but somehow I doubt that Grace's
parishioner, since he believes in a supposed curse placed by a long-ago
pope, would be swayed by logic. I suspect that if Grace just made up a
prayer it would have the desired effect, much as the feather did for Dumbo.

Just my $0.02, and worth about that.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com