[Magdalen] (no subject)

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 14 01:18:53 UTC 2016

For years conservative French Catholics have been blaming the reforms of Vatican II on "les frémaçons"

Now I have somewhat of an inside track on all this. My good friend, Fr. Ed McKenna was one of, if not the last, student of Nadia Boulanger. He presided at her funeral and was an intimate friend of the Grimaldi (Prince Ranier and Princess Grace aka Grace Kelly) When we got together (which was fairly frequently) Ed was always quoting the conservative French Catholics in this vein. Since that time I've gotten close to Ste Eugene, Ste Trinite and St Julien le Pauvre. So I have a little idea of what they're talking about.

They may be getting back at the Royal Court for the martyrdom of the Grand Master. (I haven't left the 17th century yet, let alone joined the 20'th or 21st)

Unfortunately Ed had a stroke recently. Andy Greely was the librettist for his operas, but he is no longer able to lead the career of a renaissance court composer (which he fancied himself to be, and produced sufficient quality music to advance that cause)

Joe