[Magdalen] Retired clergy (was Re: Epiphany)

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Thu Jan 14 04:08:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure about the requirement to continue attending Council; I have
> many friends who are glad to stop attending when they retire.

I am sure some of the sessions can be pretty awful but .. .

*Canon 1, Section 4. Every clergyman canonically resident in the Diocese
shall attend **every meeting of the Council; or, if unable to attend, shall
send to the President **of the Council a written statement of the reasons
for his absence.*

On the other hand, the word *unable* can cover a lot of possibilities.

Grinning,

Mike M.