[Magdalen] Bus full o' cops

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:26:13 UTC 2016

I rode a bus home from the office yesterday. At one stop along
Michigan Avenue (main shopping/tourist street), two Chicago police
officers boarded and sat near me, in seats facing each other across
the aisle. They chatted, upbeat. At one point, one pointed at Michael
Jordan restaurant and said, "Do you think he's there?" The other said,
"I don't think he comes to Chicago much anymore." Later, they watched
other officers board a northbound bus (opposite direction) and one
said, "They got on a different one." A few stops later, two more
police officers boarded our bus, apparently with a young couple
(married, or boyfriend-girlfriend). All sat together in a group. I
tried to see whether the couple were famous or something. They sat
looking affectionate toward each other, looking out the window. One of
the officers asked them, "You're going to your apartment, right?" I
think the answer was yes.

After I got off the bus, I noticed another bus behind us also had
Chicago police officers on it.

What gives? Could this have been police escorting celebrities? Witness
protection? The couple were attractive, but I couldn't identify them
as TV stars or anything.

One of those odd things, I guess. But speaking of TV stars, the
officers were all quite attractive young or youngish men. There are
all those Chicago shows now (Chicago Fire, Chicago Med). I
wonder...but I think actors in police uniforms (and bulletproof vests
it appeared they had on) would be, um, problematic. And riding a bus
together?

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA