[Magdalen] On Christians bullying gays

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 21:38:50 UTC 2016

I have to say that while I've never heard of this Dan Savage guy, I really,
really like his style.

SOMEbody has to speak up for the kids getting beaten up over their sexual
orientation!

Christians (using the term loosely, in my opinion) who defend attacking gay
kids really need to take a closer look at what they are doing.
Now here's the thing, folks. Maybe they are right. Okay, do they seriously
think that stuff which devastates a person's psyche is helpful? If you want
kids to come over to your side, you are not getting it done. Even if you
were right (you are not -- but even if you were) you aren't getting it
done. You need to find a better way. Maybe a way that fits in more with
what Jesus would do?? Golly. What a concept.

Here's a clip about Dan, and it is an attempt by the literalists to label
him a bully. It really succeeds in putting out his position very well, and
I thank whoever the folks are who put this thing together. They are doing a
terrific job for Dan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98V4XuFLrk
James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford