[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 00:33:18 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/16/2016 3:32:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Life  stays interesting here in the big TX>>>>>

My brother and his wife had similar encounters in the Cary (Raleigh)
NC area.  Both TEC congregation and the RC congregations served
as a center for religious AND social activity just so members could
be with their own kind and avoid the endless inevitable arguments.

I saw a map at the time they moved there (1970), showing that
2% of the population was RC, for instance.  Things may be  different
now (my brother died and his wife moved to her family home in
Evansville, IN) because I caught a notice on an architectural site  that
the RC Diocese of Raleigh is building a humongous new cathedral
for itself on what looks like a valuable chunk of land.  It's all due  to
the influx of northerners, mostly from the US Northeast.

I am surprised, with Texas being such a magnet for influx of  non-Texans
and spectacular population growth, that there hasn't been a diluting  of
some of this Bible-Belt population.

David Strang.