[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 17 00:46:19 UTC 2016

Our family is Canadian-American. My grandfather Ulric Milord and his brother Israel Milord, moved from Wallaceburg, Ontario in the late 19th century. Ulric came to Chicago around 1890 and I think Israel followed his son L.O.J. (Liboire Onesime Joseph) Those folks founded a construction company that exists to this day.
My grandfather and his cousin LOJ stayed in the U.S My grandfather built his inlaws a home in Wallaceburg at the time of his marriage in 1886 that he gave to John and Catherine Laviolette Carolan around 1886. The Carolans also followed suit and moved to Chicago. Some of Carolans remained in the mammoth residence in Wallaceburg. Israel and his wife and John and Catherine returned to Wallaceburg around the time of their retirement-- the turn of the 20'th century. There were always visits back and forth. My older cousin Olive, Israels' granddaughter,  joined the Ursulines in the teen's and remained in Canada the rest of her life, but she was American born.
>From her many visits to Chicago I learned that she always voted in the Canadian elections, but she always stated she had dual citizenship. Ulrich's descendants more or less stayed in the Chicago area; Israel's went all over the place often residing near Detroit. My grandmother's (Margaret Carolan)oldest sister Maryanne married and moved to Algonac, Mi where her descendants remain and spread out. We're basically on either side of the St Clare River and enjoying either Canadian or American citizenship. My cousin Mother Mary Eunice was never asked if she wished to be president of the United States and died peacefully in 1987 in her late 80's. Not that anyone in our staunchly Democratic family would pay any heed to the Pinochle and Bridge contingent, but I wonder what would be the legal status of some family members who got into presidential aspirations.

(With all these nuns in my family in French Canadian religious orders, does anyone wonder where I got my inspiration for Mother Egregia and Mother Ste Folitesse?)

Joe