[Magdalen] History of Masonry in the United States

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 07:41:32 UTC 2016

Ah, the memories! We would often have the anniversary of a Mason's raising,
and more often than not the fiftieth would find the person in Florida and
in poor health, but usually a local lodge would get a committee together
and go visit on behalf of our lodge and give the person the pin. They would
report back to our secretary, who in turn would tell us all about it. For
those guys, it meant a great deal.  At the time I was active, these guys
would have been raised in the time after The Great War. No doubt they went
through a lot as Masons. It really could mean a great deal back in those
days. If you were not in need, you were quietly taking care of people who
were, because there just wasn't anybody else a lot of the time.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford