[Magdalen] What The Rev. Ginny Wilder wrote on Facebook

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:48:32 UTC 2016

I love my daughter.
Ginga

Ginny wrote:
Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up like I usually do. Eat breakfast and
pray- like I usually do on Sundays. I'm going to feed my dogs, let them
have a comfort break, check my email, take a shower, get dressed. I'm going
to put on a black shirt and snap on a white collar- like I do most days but
especially on Sundays. Then, no matter what the primates think about it,
I'm going to kiss my wife goodbye, walk out the door, drive to the church I
serve, listen to the scriptures, preach the gospel, pray for all of God's
children nearby and across the globe, confess and ask for forgiveness,
extend to everyone present the peace of the Lord, share in an ancient and
mystical meal, and then I am going to go in peace to love and serve the
Lord. Nothing changes tomorrow except...
I have never been prouder to be an Episcopalian and I have never felt more
humbled by the call God put in my heart a long, long time ago. So decisions
made across the pond will not affect how we do church here and how I serve
here and how I am blown away by the souls who show up to listen, pray, sing
and eat- here.