[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Fri Jan 22 16:41:30 UTC 2016

I like a beard that's full and nicely trimmed.  Three-day stubble on the right face, if the facial foliage isn't patchy and is long enough not to resemble coarse steel wool, can be really sexy.  A beard that looks like it should be combed for food scraps and wildlife, not so much.  The Patriarchal Full Moses or the Paterfamilias Chin Fringe bespeaks attitudes with which I do not wish to engage. The current goatee craze is most on guys who are way too young for me.

I too had a spouse with a glorious mustache.  He and our sons grow beards that look like inadequate pubic hair and now have shaved faces.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain