[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Jan 22 17:56:58 UTC 2016

On 1/22/16 10:57 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> Some Native Americans have really skimpy beards, Sibyl....particularly
> those in the Pacific Northwest!

My husband had just enough NA genes (in the right place on one or both
chromosomes) that the most he could do was mustache and skimpy goatee.
He was a "Lavender Cowboy", with only two hairs on his chest (I gather
from the looks of the covers of current Romance paperbacks that that is
the most modern trope for "sexy" along with "sculpted" muscles (pretty
much necessarily from a gym with machines, but a lot of these guys, from
the text, are supposed to be "natural" men like Tarzan), and sparse
hairs on his legs.  Contrariwise, I knew a "legal" NA, a "Card-Carrying
Quapaw" who got those particular genes from the European part of his
ancestors, (and this was at the hippie time when a lot of young men grew
as much hair as they possibly could), who, in a swimsuit, looked like a
walking black haystack with a pair of round lenses near the top.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net