[Magdalen] Lutheran-Catholic Concordat.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 20:11:02 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/22/2016 12:12:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

I have  come across old churches like that but didn't know there was a
proper name  for them.  I assume it happened because the church was built
in two  or more phases and they got the alignment slightly wrong when
extending,  or there was some reason why they couldn't extend along the
proper  alignment.>>>>>

This is quite plausible.  There is also the pious legend that the  alignment
was purposely off to symbolize Christ's nodded head on the cross.

David Strang.