[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:26:22 UTC 2016

I was already familiar with Hugh Laurie from having seen episodes of
Blackadder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie on PBS and BBC America. I
thought him a very funny and quite handsome guy (tall, and those
eyes!). Smile sort of like Karen and Richard Carpenter's. :)

I think one element of pulling off the U.S. accent for House was using
a quite low part of his voice's range. This makes it so different from
his natural speaking voice that it's like another mode of speech
entirely. Perhaps that's helpful to actors doing an accent and needing
to keep it up consistently...gets them away from normal speech habits?

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA