[Magdalen] After the storm

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:26:06 UTC 2016

Jack went to Summit Point yesterday afternoon to bring Jim home.  They have
been busy shoveling out today (both are taking the day off to dig).  Jim is
preparing chili for the CrockPot now during a break.

I reloaded the bird feeder.  It's just now getting up to freezing outside
but the sun has been melting snow for a while.   It'll take a long time for
the shoveled snow to melt down!  We were talking a bit ago about how much
harder it is to shovel out the 200-ft driveway with 3 feet instead of just
2 feet of snow!

I just heard on MSNBC (live streaming on Internet since the Dish is still
buried on the roof)  that the highest snowfall from this storm was 42" in
Glengary, WV  which is 25 miles from here (about 5 miles from where my
brother Steve Bailey lives).  Steve told me Saturday afternoon that he had
measured over 36" at that time.  I suspect our total was between 38" and
40".

Everyone is welcome to blow their hot air our way!

Peace and Warmth,

Kate

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8