[Magdalen] Question:

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 28 01:41:32 UTC 2016

I use Universalis  almost every day, especially when I am taking Marta. They have versions for various countries. They always have a feature for the saints of the British Isles and Ireland. There was an extensive article on Edward the Confessor. Some of these days are feasts or memorials there, but not in the US. For some reason they often have two versions of the Elizabethan RC Jesuit Martyrs. I imagine the editor will fix it eventually; they do have updates. He has a feature "About Today"  Some days the feature is "There is no About Today"  I think those will be fewer. He now has a blurb about the season or vestment color every day.

Because he uses out of copyright material, some of the language of the hymns is not inclusive. That's my main criticism, but it is free apart from the price of the original subscription. I originally bought it for my computer, but now it is also on my cell phone and the second installation cost nothing. You can also getday emailed to you.

So if you get the app you don't need to be connected to the internet to use it.

Joe