[Magdalen] Images and words about Mary

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 19:36:00 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/30/2016 1:58:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I think  Joseph was a very brave and very faithful man.  >>>>>>>

And certainly one of the most popular names of all time.

I have the family Bible with the usual forms for documenting family
events at the front.  My father's original name, Cleveland Strang
is obviously altered to read, Cleve Joseph Strang.

My grandfather, George Joseph Strang was a supporter of
Grover Cleveland during his first administration, but became
disenchanted with him during his second, and changed my
father's name.  I'm not sure the name was ever changed in the
county records.  Such things were much more informal back
in those days (early 1880's).

I have an election campaign poster for my father as candidate
(Republican/Progressive) for reelection to the office of county
attorney in 1912 (He was county attorney for 46 years altogether)
It reads the other variation in the name:  Clive Joseph Strang.

And my mother's middle name was Marie which is apparently the
Norwegian for Mary.

David Strang.