[Magdalen] Images and words about Mary

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 21:35:43 UTC 2016

​

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> an interesting reflection all things considered... (the walk away, not
> monkeys) although there was that 'dream' to consider.

I often wonder about the provenance of this story (about Joe's dream and
whatnot).  Was a scribe following Joe around even before he was famous? Was
it something he shared with someone else later on?  Was it made up, like
the story of the magi, to make a point about Jesus?

If a biographer of Washington can make stuff up to make a point about the
character of the subject of the biography,, I guess someone writing about
Jesus can do it too.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
​