[Magdalen] Vanity plates

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:55:45 UTC 2016

Besides vanity plates, Louisiana has innumerable "special interest"
plates: Save the Black Bears, LSU Alumni, (any state college) Alumni,
Choose Life, LA Civil Notary, etc., etc. They all must be a PITA to law
enforcement, IMO.

Two times have I considered a vanity plate. When I proudly bought - my
first, all on my own - car, a (used) 450SL, my then-secretary suggested,
rather than the oft-seen "HERS" or "MINE," that to prevent anyone
thinking it was spousal unit's, I request, "NOT HIS."

I particularly enjoy those plates that go along with the car name. E.g.,
on an Infinity, "&BYOND," with reference to "Toy Story." Since I now
drive a Honda Fit, I thought "2BTIED" would be cute, but gave it a
second thought when I described it to spousal unit, and eyebrows were
raised. <grin>

Peace,
Jo