[Magdalen] Mary and finding things helpful or not

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 20:01:18 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/31/2016 2:42:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

In New  England and the Maritimes Stella Maris is HUGE. I own a Stella Maris
medal,  which I wear sometimes. And there's been one fixed under the gunwale
of all  our boats, too.

Loads of Catholic churches (and quite a few fishing  vessels and even summer
homes ) have that name & dedication also. The  Portuguese population,
with all those mariners, has a particularly strong  relationship with her.

There was recently a mention on AngMus of the fact that Norwegian  prime
composer, Edvard Grieg, "got religion" in his latter years, though
he was a Unitarian in a Lutheran country.

One of the remarkable products of this phenomenon was the
lovely "Ave Maris Stella,"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9jHD_dRFI

and the "Four Psalms (Songs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mb2d_qCVmQ