[Magdalen] Oh my!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 22:54:04 UTC 2016

Never been a fan of piercings nor tattoos enough to have them myself,
although sometimes these look good on someone else. What I don't like
much is tattooed texts, like "Family First" or the Desiderata. Great
to have words to live by (and certainly Scripture texts), but
committing them to one's skin permanently seems extreme to me.
Well-done designs or symbols can be lovely or sexy if timeless. Eddie
Vedder playing a tambourine (as in an episode of 30 Rock) does not
qualify as timeless.

Mostly, on really white skin I don't like the dark green color of
standard tattoos. YMMV of course.

Circumcision? Was the done thing in 1960 and I had no say in the
matter, but overall I'm glad about it and have never wished it hadn't
been done. Makes certain things simpler and more direct, and I'll stop
short of imparting TMI.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA