[Magdalen] pondering politics

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 21:36:33 UTC 2016

Oh. Okay. I don't think one that the taking of life involves sin, nor does
taking human life.  It might, depending entirely on the awareness and
intent and circumstances, but certainly not necessarily.

This is similar to that old chestnut about how "The Bible says thou shalt
not kill."  (Nope. It surely doesn't say that, and there are a lot of
instances in which killing is permitted and even demanded)

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford