[Magdalen] pondering politics

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:25:10 UTC 2016

​I tend to go along with the ancient Jew​ish belief about life, that it
begins when a person takes their first breath and stops when they take
their last. As a medical person, I know there are some interventions that
support and extend life, and those can complicate the issue, because I also
believe in brain death. However, it should be noted that a person who is
brain dead will not likely breathe on their own once artificial supports
are removed.