[Magdalen] "Poor Little Old Rhode Island."

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 13:12:51 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/11/2016 9:02:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

so much  as it's like the New York/Long Island  accent.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I understand that the traditional accent of New York City is on the  wane.
There seems to have been a realization of the "greater prestige" of  the
more general USA accent, especially among the better educated and
higher incomes.  About the only groups that can be counted on  still
using the New York City non-rhotic accent are New York's Finest,
including both the rank and file police but also the firemen/people.

When you get into such as the Long Island accent, I'm a fish out of
water.

David S.