[Magdalen] "Poor Little Old Rhode Island."

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:18:08 UTC 2016

There are several New York accents, even among the boroughs. And within the
boroughs.

If you want to hear a New York accent that's practically disappeared now,
listen to  recording of John Lindsay. Or FDR. Was listening to an NPR piece
on the Brooklyn Botanical Garden a few years ago, and I thought "Good God,
I haven't heard that elegant accent in years!"

A friend born in 1916, who lived all her young life in NYC, sounds almost
Connecticut to me, but it's New York.
-M