[Magdalen] Shingles

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:04:41 UTC 2016

I brought chicken pox home from nursery school. My mother, a much-protected
only child, had never had them, so she caught them and so did my infant
brother. I can still remember her, standing naked at the bathroom door,
clinging to the jamb, and glaring at me.

I also remember being frightened because I thought that if we had chicken
pox we were going to be turned into chickens. Aunt Jane and Uncle Harry had
a chicken farm, and I had a pretty low opinion of fowl.

Mom said I had two or three little red spots behind one knee. My
grandmother wrapped my brother's hands, but he still ended up with some
scarring.
-M