[Magdalen] Today, PCP appt.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 12 17:26:55 UTC 2016

Today I see my regular doc ostensibly to discuss the results (which I already have) of the June colonoscopy, but as today will be the first time he can actually examine my vasculitis (it's always been bandaged up before, and since I've been a Stanford boy for months he hasn't insisted I remove said bandaging and merely verbally update him), I've got plenty to ask him about.  Mainly, is there any reason he can't prescribe a replacement or additional anti-inflammatory, as this damn crap is one step forward one step back (part healing, part coming on new), and I'm basically still in a constant state of pain?  (I'm providing him the hematologist's report, so he'll know where current issues stand.)  Also, hematologist told me to have an abdominal ultrasound done, as that's (outside of a bone marrow biopsy not deemed necessary yet) all that's left to really have a clear view of any potential malignancy.  And, joy of joys, I know from experience that they are done at my doc's own office, so no travelling and missing work.  So, lots to talk about.  I'm also going to ask for a new Vicodin prescription, which I seldom use, and still have some left over from the last prescription of two months ago, but I never want to find myself without any if I really need it.  And I only take it if I really need it.  (Too much in the news about opioid addition, plus Anna works at a methadone clinic so I've got a head full of facts, I'll clue ya.)