[Magdalen] No marriage equality for Anglican Church of Canada

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 12 21:41:07 UTC 2016

On 12/07/2016 20:36, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> From: "Molly Wolf" <lupa at kos.net>
>> You'll never get this past the bridal industry
>
> ...remembering when I visited London (suburb stay) and seeing all the
> brides 'decked' out in gowns, with Tuxedoed companion coming out of
> the 'city hall'.
>
> Of course there is all the 'other stuff' besides the clothes : )

Since Lynn came this side of the pond we have seen a massive increase in
the number of licensed venues for civil marriages (different and same
sex now).  A number of them, imcluding where my own son got married, are
hotels in beautiful grounds which offer the reception and accommodation
on site.  Where mu niese got married last year, and I did a blessing in
the garden afterwards, did not offer accommodation but was another
lovely setting. Such an arangement offers some advantages over a church
wedding since the need to transport people from ceremony to reception is
avoided.

Roger