[Magdalen] Veterinary Update.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:43:27 UTC 2016

The place where I board my cats is near the Charlottesville SPCA shelter, and they bathe and groom the shelter dogs for free.
It's such a mixed bag for me, because the place is quite run down and not super clean, but the people are so nice, and my cats have this huge floor to ceiling enclosure with a tree and all kind of perches. They don't board dogs. Plus, it's about $5/night cheaper than anyplace else. I've boarded them there several times over the years, and they seem to like it. Last time I was away for a week I tried a different place at a vet's. Not only was the boarding more expensive...$17/day per cat, but I had inadvertently checked a box for TLC that gave them 15 min/day of individual petting, etc., and that added $5/day per cat. I decided it wasn't worth it just for a nicer-looking facility.
But I have great respect for the vets and other animal places that are willing to aid shelter pets.