[Magdalen] Happy Saint Benedict's Day

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:08:00 UTC 2016

He has to live with the Curia, and most of them are still stuck in the 16th
century. We don't. But at least he is talking about justice and mercy,
which Benedict just didn't. I have just finished The Vatican Diaries, by
John Thavis, who was a Vatican reporter for three decades. it's a real
eye-opener about B16, with a little P.S. on Francis. Like John XXIII,
Francis can only do so much.