[Magdalen] Happy Saint Benedict's Day

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:11:58 UTC 2016

They don't seem to fit any of the listed communities in Anglican
Religious Life 2016-17. Closest would be the OHC house in Toronto (but
they wear white, IIRC). The rest of the Canadian communities are of
women. They could be part of a community such as the one of which I'm
an oblate, the House of Initia Nova based in Houston. We wear standard
Benedictine black habits made by the tailor at Saint Meinrad
Archabbey. Mine has a tunic (cassock), scapular (sideless poncho), and
black leather belt. No hood for me, but those on the profession track
do have a hood. Fully professed also have a roomy pleated black cowl
to throw over everything for Lauds and Vespers.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA