[Magdalen] Earliest Known Marian Prayer

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 03:32:54 UTC 2016

Do you know what the word actually means? A lot of folks do not.

I hear various things that reflect various understandings of the meaning of
the concept in Islam. Having heard something doesn't cause me to "know"
something.  I also do not spend a lot of time attempting to study the
theology of Islam, and I seriously doubt that very many other folks who
more or less self-identify as Christians do either.

I mean, if we study Islam, why not do an in-depth study of all those other
major religions of the world?

One may well say that everyone ought to have a firm understanding of X
before making any comment on it. That is not the way the world works, the
fact that it ought to be notwithstanding.

A perusal of the press suggests very strongly more than one definition of
jihad among Muslims, just to make things a bit interesting.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford