[Magdalen] How?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:59:17 UTC 2016

The recommended intake is 1500 mg of sodium per day.
A sandwich with deli meat can hit 90 per cent of that without even trying.

The trick is to find lower-salt foods and substitute them (pita has
something like 60 mg per half loaf as opposed to 500+ mg for two slices of
bread, actual carved turkey breast has 30 mg of sodium as opposed to 900+
for deli turkey). I am sodium-sensitive and so I keep each meal under 500
mg of sodium and have learned to love stuff like salt-free peanuts.

The food industry commonly uses the term "healthy" to mean low-fat, not
low-salt (check out the salt load in cottage cheese sometime).
-M