[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Jul 26 01:55:19 UTC 2016

On 6/26/16 2:21 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> In a message dated 6/26/2016 2:51:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  grace
> can at gmail.com writes:
>
> Interesting...I'd always heard this *very same story* told about  Princess
> Margaret, who lost her half slip in a procession up the aisle in one  of the
> cathedrals. Same thing: she simply stepped out of it and kept on  walking,
> leaving it to someone else to kick it put of the  way.>>>>>>>>>
>
> However, this was witnessed by a monk/priest of that Trappist  monastery,
> and I don't know of any reason why he would fabricated the story.
>
> He left the Order to become a secular priest after 18 years in the  Order.

Similar things can happen more than once.  Years ago my daughter's dance
teacher congratulated a girl on (accidentally) kicking off her ballet
slipper, and continuing to dance as though nothing had happened.  She
used her as an object lesson for the other kids in the class:  "If you
lose your _pants_, you KEEP DANCING!"  (of course, in the case of these
kids, said pants would be part of a costume on stage, the only possible
things to lose in that context, since it would be pretty much impossible
to lose leotard or tights).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net