[Magdalen] R.I.P. Seymour Abrahamson

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:07:24 UTC 2016

Prayers, please, for the repose of Seymour Abrahamson, a great man who died
this past Saturday. He was a Professor Emeritus of Zoology at UW-Madison
(and my Zoo-101 instructor) but much, much more. You can read his obituary
here Abrahamson, Seymour
<http://host.madison.com/news/local/obituaries/abrahamson-seymour/article_cf97d7cb-a8a5-502c-b645-ee2b06ed3f38.html>
and
I would encourage you to do so, because I can't begin to tell you all about
him. I didn't even know half the things he did, and his wife was my mom's
employer! (which is another story)

May his memory be for a blessing.

Exalted and hallowed be God's great name
in the world which God created, according to plan.
May God's majesty be revealed in the days of our lifetime
and the life of all Israel -- speedily, imminently, to which we say Amen.

Blessed be God's great name to all eternity.

Blessed, praised, honored, exalted, extolled, glorified, adored, and lauded
be the name of the Holy Blessed One, beyond all earthly words and songs of
blessing,
praise, and comfort. To which we say Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and all Israel,
to which we say Amen.

May the One who creates harmony on high, bring peace to us and to all
Israel.
To which we say Amen.
<http://host.madison.com/news/local/obituaries/abrahamson-seymour/article_cf97d7cb-a8a5-502c-b645-ee2b06ed3f38.html>