[Magdalen] teasing the SIL

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:48:11 UTC 2016

maybe Scott, but this place (TX) is already an armory....

Monday was the 50th anniversary of the Tower Shooting at U of TX. All over
radio news with interviews from those who where there (all in their 70s+
now).  Comments about how students went out to their parked trucks (on
campus, their own vehicles) and retrieved rifles and were the first to fire
on the gunman from a classroom window.  Police only had handguns and of
course, no SWAT in those days.  Hard to remember the '60s as a time when
people had 'Easy Rider'* rifle/shotgun racks in their pickups, de rigeur,
and no one even tried to steal them... or use them normally for anything but
hunting (for the most part).  Also hard to believe that the police now have
military surplus tanks and other unique vehicles to deal with standoffs all
over our country : (

Lynn

*so named to reference the incident in the movie Easy Rider

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr