[Magdalen] Computer help

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:48:33 UTC 2016

Poor you.  Sibelius was bought by some company which fired the tech staff
for the most part, so Sibelius is an orphan program. Another reason free
enterprise isn't such a marvelous idea. The boss not only isn't always
right; sometimes he's an utter bonehead, and there's no failsafe to protect
the workers from a fool who has never done anything in life except own the
company. Bah!!

The programmers were all hired by another company which has them busily
building a better music processor (certainly not Sibelius, which that other
twit still owns) unfortunately, it will not be a Sibelius; it will be some
new program.  We were chatting about this stuff at the Amherst Early Music
festival, and my contact says they will build a new program from scratch,
and they'll be able to avoid all the mistakes they had made in Sibelius.

You know -- another Finale.  <snort!>

In the long run, it means a better software package, if we're lucky. In the
short term, a new learning curve, courtesy the poster child for incompetent
capitalists.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford