[Magdalen] Tim Kaine - local man

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:54:57 UTC 2016

Tim Kaine (Dem VP nominee) lives in the same neighborhood where my parish
is located.  I just have to say how much I have enjoyed hearing the stories
from people who have been his neighbors for many many years. (I've only
been here 2 years.)  They sat at the local playground and rocked babies and
watched their toddlers play together.  They cheered him on while he worked
against discrimination in our city.  Although faithful Roman Catholics
(they attend, not the large mostly-white RC church in Richmond, but a
smaller mostly African-America parish that they have been members of for 30
years - were even married there) his daughter was an active member of the
St Thomas Episcopal youth group (lots of local friends in it, so her
parents totally supported it).  He and Anne were home this weekend after
being named VP nominee . . . and there they were at their church.  He even
sang a solo with his church choir ("Taste and See")   He is loved by his
neighbors and by his church.  I think that is his more definitive identity
- how to be a neighbor.  Not how to be a Democrat, or an American even.
How to be a neighbor.   I would wish that we all could live our faith in
our political sphere so well.

He is an amazing man, and I think we would be well served by him as VP.

Just sayin'

Susan