[Magdalen] Corporate Speak, was Whither to lie and to lay

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 17:34:13 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/29/2016 12:59:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Over  time, languages incorporate terms that are more  descriptive.
-M>>>>>>>

The grand opera world loves acclamations, mostly from Italian,
such as "brava/bravo" and the superlative "bravisima/bravisimo."
(good, clever and very or most especially good, clever).

I asked our VA pathologist, a native Roman, about the  intermediate,
comparative words, and they are "piu brava/piu bravo." (more
good, more clever).

I've used the piu bravo/piu brava during performances a number of
times to puzzled looks on surrounding opera lovers.

David S.