[Magdalen] Third holiest Christian pilgrimage site?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 19:36:34 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/30/2016 3:02:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

Why  should a pilgrimage site be architecturally impressive? Its
significance  is its history and its associations.  Architectural
splendour can  divert attention away from inspiring the pilgrim to ponder
on that, thus  missing the point.  (I understand that in Hebrew "sin"
means "missing  the  mark",)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm with you 100%.  My point was that Europeans who are so used
to monumental church structures may expect something more than
the present cathedral which is a rather unadorned Romanesque
with a fantastic baroque facade, and especially so since a number
of the towns on the route to Santiago have very impressive churches.

David S.