[Magdalen] Hornets

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 02:51:53 UTC 2016

The twins are away at Wyldlife camp for a few days.(That's the middle school component of Young Life, a conservative Christian program for high school students.)  This evening, as my daughter was getting ready to attend her high school class's 30th reunion (yikes!), she got a call from the camp nurse that Ryan had gotten stung 5 times by hornets, and they'd taken him to a Prompt Care clinic to be on the safe side. Apparently he's fine, TBTG! Michelle was terribly allergic to yellow jacket stings when she was little and went through the whole course of shots, beginning right after her first serious allergic reaction when she was two. She still carries an Epi-pen whenever she goes riding. Apparently Ryan does not have that allergy--at least, not yet. But I can't imagine getting stung five times...

Grace Cangialosi

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."    Dietrich Bonhoeffer