[Magdalen] I'm confused

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:16:29 UTC 2016

No, she isn't a member, but this is a very small community, and she lives near the church. And she was apparently the "go-to" neighbor for my parishioner when she needed something. We'll see what happens, but I feel more comfortable having raised the question here.

I do agree, though, about not answering that kind of question about someone's gender. I've had people ask me if someone was gay or lesbian, and my standard answer is "I think you need to ask them."

On May 31, 2016, at 7:17 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:

On 31/05/2016 23:31, Jon Egger wrote:
> Roger, I'd hesitate to answer such questions...besides, the situation is
> ripe for triangulation.  I'd have said, "I'll introduce you to them after
> the service this Sunday and you can ask them."

Sometimes that is impossible.  In the situation I referred to it was a
one-off visit so there was no opportunity for a further meeting. That
may well also be the situation for Grace as the lady in question is not
a member of the relevant congregation.

Roger