[Magdalen] Railroads

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:02:51 UTC 2016

Oftentimes in the states the RR stations are still where they were decades ago and the quality of the neighborhoods has decreased significantly.
Ly

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 31/05/2016 02:00, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> In a message dated 5/30/2016 5:00:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:
>
> used to  take the train to LaCrosse to see him,  >>>>>>>>
>  The tracks of the Burlington Zephyr as it came into LaCrosse were  in
> the golf course of the LaCrosse Country Club.  It was an unusual
> entry into the city.

That certainly is unusual.  My experience is that generally railroads enter a city through the less attractive, therefore less desirable areas because the land is cheaper there.

Roger