[Magdalen] Railroads

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 15:42:11 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/1/2016 11:19:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

We in  New England bitchalot because so many of our wonderful old stations
have  been converted to restaurants. New stations are built, but don't have
comfy  waitingrooms or even  toilets.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Big city railroad stations have been especially vulnerable to the  wrecking
ball in the past (witness Penn Station in NYC), but some are being
restored and recycled, such as Washington,DC's Union Station,
or Saint Paul's Union Depot.  Some of them still serve as AmTrak  stops,
and some have been entirely remodeled for retail purposes.

David Strang.