[Magdalen] Satire

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sun Jun 5 08:16:08 UTC 2016

On 6/4/16 12:30 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> In a message dated 6/4/2016 12:27:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:
>
> Right  on, Mike.
>
> You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.  And  making fun of
> people doesn't tend to persuade them to see things your  way.>>>>>>>
>
> Satire is just satire.  It isn't a significant vehicle for changing
> anyone's
> vote, and I didn't put it on the list hoping that would happen.  I  thought
> it was primarily funny, and not meant (as it appears to have been  taken)
> as a deep biting and personal condemnation of this prospective  candidate.
>
> YMMV, of course.

I didn't think that you were putting it on the list hoping to change
anybody's vote.  I didn't even think that it was a deep biting and
personal condemnation of this prospective candidate.  I do think that
Borowitz found a funny way of saying that _supporters_ of the candidate
have an extreme deficiency in English (and mathematical) vocabulary, and
that even his campaign manager does, or in other words, that they are
stupid: as in, have a functional educational level somewhere below
eighth grade.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net